Short course racing fans, get ready: the 2019 season is going to take this year’s bar and elevate it even higher.
With unification under the Lucas Oil banner taking place prior to the 2018 season, the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series and Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course League have unveiled 2019 schedules that are designed to facilitate more competition opportunities for racers based in both regions.
A total of 11 events visiting seven states and two countries will be a part of the sport’s 2019 calendar. Glen Helen Raceway, Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, and Crandon International Raceway will each host two events, with the latter two featuring non-points, all-star showdowns to conclude the respective seasons. Racers who compete in full-time action in both LOORRS and LOMSCL competition will be running a total of 18 events across North America in the pursuit of dual championships.
While competitors have long switched series on a full-time basis in short course’s recent history, a number of top competitors began crossing over and competing in both series in 2018 after unification. Top LOORRS drivers like RJ Anderson and Brian Deegan competed in Crandon in this year’s Off-Road World Championships, and LOMSCL racers like Chad Hord and Daely Pentico returned the favor in this year’s Lucas Oil Challenge Cup at Wild Horse Pass. Select racers, like 2018 LOORRS Pro Lite champion Ryan Beat, have already confirmed their participation in both seasons for 2019, with more expected to follow.
Full championship schedules for both the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series and Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course League can be found below.
Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series 2019 Schedule:
- March 16: Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, California (Saturday NIGHT)
- April 13: Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, Chandler, Arizona (Saturday NIGHT)
- May 18-19: Estero Beach Resort, Ensenada, Mexico (Saturday-Sunday DAY)
- June 29-30: Lucas Oil Speedway, Wheatland, Missouri (Saturday-Sunday DAY)
- July 27: Wild West Motorsports Park, Sparks, Nevada (Saturday NIGHT)
- October 5: Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, California (Saturday NIGHT)
- October 26: Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, Chandler, Arizona (Saturday DAY/NIGHT)
- October 27: Postseason Awards Banquet
Classes competing in LOORRS for 2019 include Pro 4, Pro 2, Pro Lite, Pro Buggy, Production 1000 UTV, Production Turbo UTV, Mod Kart, and JR 2 Kart.
Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course League 2019 Schedule:
- June 15-16: Crandon International Raceway, Crandon, Wisconsin
- July 12-13: ERX Motor Park, Elk River, Minnesota
- August 9-11: Bark River International Raceway, Bark River, Michigan
- August 31-September 1: Crandon International Raceway, Crandon, Wisconsin
All classes that raced LOMSCL and Midwest Off-Road Racing in 2018 will be competing in 2019 as well.